The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is organized into four primary sections of: Individual Tax Reform, Business Tax Reform, Exempt Organizations and International provisions. This webinar will provide a thorough review of the Individual Tax Reform portion of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Bill (H.R.1.). This webinar will provide a summary description of all provisions referenced in the Individual Tax Reform section of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. It will identify which sections changed and which remained the same.
We provide a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to answer any questions you may have during this session. SMEs are available from 8am to 7:30pm Central Time. This course should only be taken during SME hours.
At the end of this webinar, students will be able to:
- Review the Individual Tax Reforms provisions and identify which sections changed for 2018 and which were updated for 2022;
- Recognize the tax rate changes for the four types of individual taxpayers
- Recognize the new standard deduction amounts for the four types of individual taxpayers
- Identify where to find more information about each provision in part 2 of this course; and
- Identify the effective date for all individual tax provisions in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
CPE Credit: 2 CPE for CPAs and EAs
Instructional Method: Group Internet Based
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: March 27, 2023