CPAs are highly respected individuals who are intelligent in strategic business dealings and other issues. Some services they provide include audits and reviews, consulting services, forensic accounting, financial planning, etc. Each of these services are a specific need for a client that the practitioner must carry out. Due to the nature of these types of services, the project managers or individual practitioners can view each of these tasks as a project.
Duties when managing a project is a course that will describe the business and management duties that must be performed by the project manager or the practitioner leading the project.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the business and management tasks that must be performed by a practice owner or individual practitioner.
- Identify the difference between a project and business operations.
- Recognize how the project manager is selected.
- Identify how projects are selected.
- Recognize how project managers must work with company employees.
- Identify the characteristics of the three primary organizational structures.
- Recognize the characteristic of the five process groups defined by the PMBOK® Guide.
PMI® (Project Management Institute) is recognized by most project managers as the leading organization for creating project management standards. PMI’s standards are recognized around the world. These standards provide guidelines and rules, which are widely accepted and provide the foundation for the project management profession. PMI publishes standards in many different areas of project management and related to project management.
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) is the most recognized and referenced standard for project managers. This document is published by the PMI® and it describes industry recognized best practices for managing all types of projects. It is also an evolving document, which continues to be updated and refined as more information is known and documented.
CPE Credits: 4 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Management Services
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: March 16, 2023