The COVID-19 crisis has impacted every country. In the United States, the CARES Act was signed into law to combat the economic impact for US citizens. The CARES Stimulus Act has changed almost everything about the 2019 tax filing season. This course will review the 2019 tax filing dates and extension dates for all taxpayers. This course will identify the contribution amounts of required dates of these contributions. This course will identify the unemployment benefits that were enacted as part of the CARES Act. Finally, this course will identify the stimulus amounts to be provided to each taxpayer category.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize the 2019 tax filing dates and extension dates.
- Recognize the IRAs, Retirements and HSA Contributions dates and amount for the 2019 tax season.
- Identify the unemployment benefits that were enacted as part of the CARES Act.
- Recognize the contribution deadline and the permitted distributions from IRAs and Retirement Plans due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Identify the stimulus amounts to each taxpayer category.
CPE Credits: 2 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: April 20, 2021