Gifts are a commonly used method to reduce the amount of estate taxes owed. This course has been updated to reflect all current changes to tax law as practitioners prepare returns in 2023. This course will explore the topic of gift taxes. It will explain when gifts are free of tax liability and identify various scenarios when filing a gift tax return is required.
We provide a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to answer any questions you may have during this session. SMEs are available from 8am to 7:30pm Central Time. This course should only be taken during SME hours.
At the end of this webinar, students will be able to:
- Describe what financial transactions constitute a gift.
- Recognize when a gift transaction is completed.
- Identify the annual gift exclusion amount.
- Differentiate between present interest and future interest gifts.
- Recognize the types of gifts that are not subject to gift taxes.
- Recognize the benefits of gift splitting.
- Identify the form that is used for gift taxes and the due date for submitting it.
CPE Credit: 3 CPE for CPAs and EAs
Instructional Method: Group Internet Based
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: March 27, 2023