Seismic changes in tax legislation is currently taking place, and the well-informed tax practitioner will want to attend this eight hour program in order to stay abreast of these developments. This program will cover new court decisions, recent IRS publications, and the latest tax legislation that will impact businesses and individuals. The remaining time will be spent on IRS procedure and other issues. This course will provide a concise look at the hottest topics affecting every tax practitioner.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the newest tax developments and changes to the Internal Revenue Code
- Learn effective and efficient techniques for implementing new standards
- Become familiar with recent court cases and Treasury publications affecting individuals and business entities.
- Acquire a working knowledge of recent changes to IRS procedure.
- Become conversant of recently issued tax court opinions and their implications to taxpayers.
- Know the status of upcoming tax legislation and how it might affect clients.
CPE Credits: 4 CPE for CPAs, EAs and other tax preparers
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: November 21, 2023