Communication is a crucial skill for all CPAs. Practitioners must be able to actively communicate with both the people they work around, as well as their clients. A key component to communication is being able to effectively listen to others while leading and working as a team. Effective Listening Styles for CPAs is a training course that will define different listening styles and skills that can be used by practice owners and practitioners to improve practice communications with office staff members and their clients.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- List the four listening styles available to practitioners.
- Identify the characteristics for conventional listening.
- Recognize the characteristics for evaluative and reactive listening.
- Recognize the characteristics and benefits for explorative listening.
- Recognize the steps in the attentive listening cycle.
CPE Credits: 2 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Management Services
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: February 15, 2021