Analyzing Financial Information to Reduce Fraud, Waste, and Abuse is a course that investigates financial fraud and identifying the reasons it happens in many companies. This course will describe the various types of fraud and determine ways to detect and prevent them. This course will identify the techniques that are required to obtain the necessary accounting or operational information. This course will describe how to create benchmarking to help determine if fraud has occurred.
NOTE - This is a Video Self-Study Course
Upon successful completion of this course participant should be able to be complete the following objectives:
- Recognize the possible causes of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Identify who commits fraud and why.
- Recognize the various types of fraud and determine ways to detect and prevent them.
- Identify the techniques that are required to obtain the necessary accounting or operational information
- Communicate with clients and/or management about the problems facing them when fraud occurs.
- Create both internal and external benchmarking to help determine if fraud may have occurred.
- Apply the techniques through the use of several fraud cases.
CPE Credits: 8 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Accounting
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: March 20, 2023