Top Ten Tips to Avoid Preparer Penalties is a course that will explore tax preparation rules for prepares. This course will discuss when you are considered a preparer by the IRS and are subject to the rules for tax preparers. This course will discuss the importance for documenting your steps when preparing taxes for clients.
NOTE - This is a Video Self-Study Course
Upon successful completion of this course participant should be able to be complete the following objectives:
- Recognize when they are considered a preparer by the IRS.
- Recognize the rules for tax preparers.
- Recognize how to fight penalties that are assessed by the IRS.
- Recognize the dangers of taking on risky clients.
- Recognize the practice standards defined in the TIGA report.
CPE Credits: 3 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: April 6, 2021