Top Ten Tips to Avoid Preparer Penalties is a course that will explore tax preparation rules for prepares. This course will discuss when you are considered a preparer by the IRS and are subject to the rules for tax preparers. This course will discuss the importance for documenting your steps when preparing taxes for clients.
Upon successful completion of this course participant should be able to be complete the following objectives:
- Recognize when they are considered a preparer by the IRS.
- Recognize the rules for tax preparers.
- Recognize how to fight penalties that are assessed by the IRS.
- Recognize the dangers of taking on risky clients.
- Recognize the practice standards defined in the TIGA report.
CPE Credits: 3 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: April 6, 2021