Top Ten Tips to Help Your Clients Avoid Penalties is a CPE course that help all practitioners that prepare taxes to help clients void tax penalties. This course will provide practitioners with strategies to prepare a defense for tax clients. This course will review the importance of filing a return and filing extensions, if more time is needed to file a return. This course will review the process for calculating estimated tax payments. This course will identify the thresholds when dealing with substantial valuation misstatements. Finally, this course will review the types of tax fraud and their remedies.
Upon successful completion of this course participant should be able to be complete the following objectives:
- Identify the various ways that clients may incur a tax penalty.
- Recognize the various methods that can be used to prepare a defense against tax penalties.
- Identify the process for filing an extension for a tax return.
- Recognize the process for calculating estimated tax payments.
- Recognize the thresholds when dealing with substantial valuation misstatements.
- Identify various types of tax fraud and their remedies.
CPE Credits: 4 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: April 6, 2021