Marijuana is legal in many states, yet it is not legal Federally. Banking rules and enforcement of banking rules occurs at the Federal level. Marijuana Tax Considerations is a course that will explore the tax issues related to running a marijuana business. This course will discuss the tax laws and issues. This course will review the common fixes and prevention for the common tax issue. Finally, this course will discuss international issues related to a marijuana business.
NOTE - This is a Video Self-Study Course
Upon successful completion of this course participant should be able to be complete the following objectives:
- Recognize the issues marijuana business when marijuana is legal at a State level but illegal at a Federal level.
- Identify the Federal Enforcement and Banking Policies related to a marijuana business.
- Recognize the tax laws and issues when earning revenue from the sale of marijuana.
- Recognize the techniques that can be used to prevent tax and banking problems.
- Identify the international tax and banking issues from the sale of marijuana to other countries.
CPE Credits: 2 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: April 1, 2022