This course will discuss steps to take to help each finance(e) learn about the other's finances - the good, the bad, and the ugly. How to find the information about each other - with their permission and cooperation. And how to face and fix the problems we discover.
NOTE - This is a Video Self-Study Course
Upon successful completion of this course participant should be able to be complete the following objectives:
- Getting Engaged is Romantic
- Some Things to Ask
- Clarifying each party's attitude towards money
- Pulling Reports
- Getting answers about invisible obligations - like child support and alimony (in arrears?)
- Making provisions to clean up problems before marriage
- OR providing guidance on keeping income and assets separated
- When to Advise Marriage - if they are NOT Engaged?
- When to Not to Get Married at All
- When to Schedule the Marriage
- How to handle MFJ vs MFS taxes after marriage when someone discovers the new spouse's financial problems.
CPE Credits: 2 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: April 6, 2021