Tax professionals increasingly are targeted by cyber criminals seeking to steal taxpayer data and file fraudulent tax returns. This webinar will describe six important steps to protect client data and protect your business. Introduction to Information Security - Live Webinar is a webinar that help all practitioners implement important steps for better date security.
At the end of this webinar, students will be able to:
- Identify the importance of information security for CPAs and Tax Practitioners,
- Define the term “identify theft” and recognize how identify theft most commonly occurs,
- Recognize why CPAs and Tax Professionals are being targeted by cybercriminals,
- Recognize the importance of encrypting client data,
- Identify the importance of creating internal controls and a security plan to protect client data, and
- Recognize the actions that must be taken in the event of a breach of sensitive client identity data.
CPE Credit: 1 CPE Credit for CPAs
Instructional Method: Group Internet Based
NASBA Field of Study: Information Technology
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Publish Date: June 1, 2020