Most CPAs work in an office with other CPAs and office staff. Interpersonal skills are the skills that should be used by all practitioners to establish and maintain relationships with others. This course will identify the interpersonal skills required in a business environment. This course will describe the communication process between co-workers and the importance of speaking and listening. This course will also describe leadership and culture within the business organization. Finally, this course will define conflict and various techniques that can be used to avoid conflicts.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify why interpersonal skills are required in a business environment.
- Describe the four communication styles and identify when each is used.
- Identify the importance of effective listening in a business environment.
- Describe the importance of leadership and supporting a vision for the organization.
- Describe conflict resolution techniques that can be used in a business.
CPE Credits: 3 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Management Services
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: April 1, 2022