Most CPAs find themselves performing many different financial activities throughout the week. Although most CPAs are not official project managers, the different financial activities such as audits, preparing financial statements, and preparing tax returns may be handled as individual projects. As a result, a project management methodology needs to be selected and in many cases improvements to achieve greater efficiency and quality is desired. This webinar will describe the Agile Kanban project management methodology.
Lean is an agile project management methodology for improving processes by eliminating waste. Lean is also used to improve work process and improve efficiencies. This webinar will describe the agile project management approach and compare it to a traditional project management approach. This webinar will describe the four values and twelve agile principles. This webinar will describe important Lean concepts to help a team to improve the way they work. This webinar will also describe the process for identifying root cause of problems. Finally, this webinar will identify the three wastes that constrain project workflow.
At the end of this webinar, students will be able to:
- Identify the project life cycle
- List the characteristics for a Waterfall project management method
- Recognize the four values for an agile method
- Identify the twelve agile principles
- Recognize important Lean concepts to help a team to improve the way they work
- Identify how to identify root cause of problems
- Identify the three wastes that constrain project workflow
CPE Credits: 2.5 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Group Internet Based
NASBA Field of Study: Management Services
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: February 28, 2021