Most CPAs find themselves performing many different financial activities throughout the week. Although most CPAs are not official project managers, the different financial activities such as audits, preparing financial statements, and preparing tax returns may be handled as individual projects. As a result, a project management methodology needs to be selected. This course will describe the Agile Scrum project management methodology.
Agile Scrum project management is a methodology that applies agile project management processes with rules and values. This course will describe the agile project management approach and compare it to a traditional project management approach. This course will describe the four values and twelve agile principles. This course will describe how Scrum works and the primary roles on a Scrum team. This course will describe how projects are planned and executed using Scrum. Finally, this course will describe how Scrum teams improve.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the project life cycle
- List the characteristic for a Waterfall project management method.
- Recognize the four values for an agile method.
- Identify the twelve agile principles.
- Identify the roles in Scrum.
- Recognize how project work is performed in Scrum.
- Recognize how Scrum teams improve their processes.
CPE Credits: 4 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Management Services
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: April 1, 2022