CPAs are highly respected individuals who are intelligent in strategic business dealings and other issues. Some services they provide include audits and reviews, consulting services, forensic accounting, financial planning, etc. Each of these services are a specific need for a client that the practitioner must carry out. Due to the nature of these types of services, the project managers or individual practitioners can view each of these tasks as a project.
Duties When Managing a Project is a webinar that will describe the business and management duties that must be performed by the project manager or the practitioner leading the project.
We provide a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to answer any questions you may have during this session. SMEs are available from 8am to 7:30pm Central Time. This course should only be taken during SME hours.
At the end of this webinar, students will be able to:
- Describe the business and management tasks that must be performed by a practice owner or individual practitioner.
- Identify the difference between a project and business operations.
- Recognize how the project manager is selected.
- Identify how projects are selected.
- Recognize how project managers must work with company employees.
- Identify the characteristics of the three primary organizational structures.
- Recognize the characteristic of the five process groups defined by the PMBOK® Guide.
CPE Credits: 2.5 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Group Internet Based
NASBA Field of Study: Management Services
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: April 6, 2021