Price to Purchase
This course covers claiming dependents - qualifying children and qualifying relatives. The rules have some overlap but there are significant differences between the two. A qualifying child opens the door for more tax benefits and credits than a qualifying relative. We will also touch on head of household filing status in this training.
NOTE - This is a Video Self-Study Course
Upon successful completion of this course participant should be able to be complete the following objectives:
- Define a qualifying child
- Define a qualifying relative
- Understand who can claim the kids in cases of divorce
- Understand the IRS’s "tiebreaker rules"
- Understand head of household filing status
CPE Credits: 1 CPE for CPAs and EAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: October 17, 2022
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!