Computer Privacy and Internet Security is a CPE webinar that will help all practitioners keep confidential client data safe and the data of the practice safe. This webinar will define the terms malware, computer virus, computer worms, Trojan horse, spyware, adware and describe how they are used to compromise data. This webinar will describe the function and importance of a network firewall and personal firewall. This webinar will discuss the function of antivirus and anti-spyware software. Finally, this webinar will discuss the importance of safe web surfing and e-mail techniques.
We provide a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to answer any questions you may have during this session. SMEs are available from 8am to 7:30pm Central Time. This course should only be taken during SME hours.
At the end of this webinar, students will be able to:
- Define the terms malware, computer virus, computer worms, Trojan horse, spyware and adware
- Describe the function and importance of a network firewall and personal firewall
- Defined the function of antivirus and anti-spyware software
- Describe the importance of safe web surfing
- Define the importance of using safe e-mail handling techniques and strategies
CPE Credits: 2 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Group Internet Based
NASBA Field of Study: Information Technology
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: April 1, 2022