Price to Purchase
This course is designed to teach practitioners the basics of community property. It will cover what community property is and how to report it, and then discuss how our modern-day concept of filing statuses was shaped by community property law a century ago.
NOTE - This is a Video Self-Study Course
Upon successful completion of this course participant should be able to be complete the following objectives:
- Identify the states that use community property law
- Understand which items of income are considered community property and which are considered separate property
- Understand how some taxpayers may get relief from community property requirements
- Understand Form 8958, the reporting form used for reporting community property
- Understand how community property laws directly led to Congress creating the modern-day concept of filing statuses
CPE Credits: 1 CPE for CPAs and EAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: October 17, 2022
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!