The American Rescue Plan of 2021 is the latest COVID-19 relief package . It provides $1.9 trillion in mandatory funding, program changes and tax policies aimed at mitigating the continuing effects of the pandemic. The American Rescue Plan of 2021 is the latest legislation to facilitate recovering from the economic and health effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the amount provided via direct deposit for individuals
- Distinguish the FPUC benefit amount
- Identify the age of eligibility for the childless Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Identify the increase maximum amount for Child Tax Credit
- Distinguish the maximum amount of employees businesses may employ to remain eligible for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Identity the amount of funds allocated for restaurants, bars, and other eligible providers of food and drink
- Identify the amount of funds provided for the Veterans Health Administration (VA) to provide healthcare services and related support to eligible veterans
CPE Credit: 2 CPE for CPAs and EAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: Basic understanding of federal tax code.
Advanced Preparation: None
Publish Date: March 29, 2021