Most CPAs find themselves performing many different financial activities throughout the week. Although most CPAs are not official project managers, the different financial activities such as audits, preparing financial statements, and preparing tax returns may be handled as individual projects. As a result, a project management methodology needs to be selected and in many cases improvements to achieve greater efficiency and quality is desired. This course will describe the Agile Kanban project management methodology.
Kanban is an agile method that focuses on process improvement to achieve greater efficiency and improve quality. This course will provide an overview of the project quality management knowledge area. This course will describe the purpose of Kanban and describe why it is used by agile project teams. This course will also define the course principles of Kanban and describe how it would be implemented by project teams.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the purpose of project quality management
- List the three processes in the project quality management knowledge area.
- Describe how a Kanban board will allow visualizing the project workflow.
- Identify how applying Work In Progress (WIP) limits will eliminate project workflow unevenness.
- Recognize how measuring and managing flow increases the project workflow.
CPE Credit: 5 CPE Credits for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Management Services
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Revision Date: February 15, 2021