Accounting Introduction to Financial Statement Analysis is a course that will identify the primary purpose of financial statement analysis. This course will examine financial statements through the lens of an analyst who does not prepare the statements. This course will identify the basic tools of analysis from a conceptual standpoint. Finally, this course will describe the various anomalies that may appear during analysis.
Upon successful completion of this course participant should be able to be complete the following objectives:
- Identify the primary purpose of financial statement analysis.
- Examine financial statements through the lens of an analyst who does not prepare the statements.
- Recognize the premise upon which analysis can occur.
- Recognize the basic tools of analysis from a conceptual standpoint.
- Identify anomalies that appear during analysis.
CPE Credits: 2 CPE for CPAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Accounting
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
Publish Date: April 6, 2020